2007 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Q&A

2007 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Question: Why can I not procure the shift control mechanism within the transmission

The "independent" vehicle service and repair firm I employ has ascertained that a shift control device, within the transmission, is malfunctioning. This is the "good news" as apparently only Mercedes dealers may procure this device, classified as a TRP, (Theft Related Part). In fact owners are not permitted to purchase the device. How is this not a restraint of trade matter? -
Answer 1
try trans star.com and see if its avail thru them. alot of parts are dealer item only u may have one, this is for security reasons. IT PROTECTS YOU AND YOUR CAR -
Comment 1
I genuinely appreciate your response to my inquiry and recourse suggestion. Were I on the California side of the country I'd make a trip to thank you personally. Respectfully, ST909 -