After a few struggles, it finally fired up this time. Almost sounds like it was struggling to get fuel. Its not the battery or alternator. I went ahead and changed the fuel filter, cleaned up the battery, the terminals, and checked the grounds. I did have the check engine light on at the time, but the manufacturer's code said it was a small emissions leak. Could these problems be related? The car has started every time since changing the fuel filter today, but the true test will be letting it sit overnight and trying in the morning, as that was the same situation when it last wouldn't start. If I have to I'll change the fuel pump but would like to check all other possibilities first. I did run it on E for a little too long prior to my last fuel up before the starting problem. Obviously that's not a good idea but have been told that could have led to the problem. The car has roughly 95000 miles on it and I bought 2 1/2 years ago with 51000 miles. I would be very appreciative of any insight, advice, or suggestions.
Why am I having starting issues again 2 months after replacing the starter? on 2002 Infiniti G20
This week's top 10
Recent Infiniti G20 Questions
- Does fog light come on with low beam head light
- What is that fuse in the inside box mini,small,etc.
- The car won't rev up. It idles fine but under throttle won't go past 2000 rpm.
- Driver side master switch not working to lock all the door
- My brakes peddle started to vibrate when coming to a complete stop.
2002 Infiniti G20 Estimates
- 7,500 Mile Service ($61 - 119) in Waldo, AR
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($363 - 777) in La Jara, CO
- 100,000 Mile Service ($105 - 174) in Graford, TX
- PCV Valve Replacement ($51 - 69) in Falun, KS
- Horn Replacement ($108 - 117) in Mansfield Depot, CT
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($28 - 35) in Jennerstown, PA