Irregular, infrequent whirling noise. Seems to happen more often when I am rushing around town, doing a lot of heavy accel/decel. rarely happens when I am driving for hours on the highway. Has been happening for 6 years, and is slowly getting louder, but not distractingly loud at this point. Instrument gauges are not visibly affected. Beginning of day or end of day does not seem to be a factor.
whirling noise behind instrument cluster on 2006 Ford Five Hundred
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Five Hundred Questions
- Car starts and runs, drives fine but after about 5 mins if shut off won't restar
- Electrical issues at battery
- Why my car won't start after not picking up speed
- What fuse is in conjunction with 02 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 & where is it located
- The fan for the climate control on my car won't shut off...whats wrong?
2006 Ford Five Hundred Estimates
- Automatic Transmission Fluid/Filter Change ($252 - 352) in Inwood, NY
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($568 - 692) in Veteran, WY
- 115,000 Mile Service ($115 - 171) in Eastville, VA
- 70,000 Mile Service ($115 - 171) in Vinton, CA
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($52 - 63) in Maywood, CA
- Trans Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Burlington Junction, MO