Irregular, infrequent whirling noise. Seems to happen more often when I am rushing around town, doing a lot of heavy accel/decel. rarely happens when I am driving for hours on the highway. Has been happening for 6 years, and is slowly getting louder, but not distractingly loud at this point. Instrument gauges are not visibly affected. Beginning of day or end of day does not seem to be a factor.
whirling noise behind instrument cluster on 2006 Ford Five Hundred
Asked by for the 2006 Ford Five Hundred
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Five Hundred Questions
- Checked fuses and relays because heater fan stopped working. Now it won't start.
- When driving down the highway or setting still the gauges go to nothing except
- Rear passenger blinker bulb works, does not blink though...
- Car starts but transmission will not engage.
- Makes a humming sound when driving and breaks squeal but pads are still good
2006 Ford Five Hundred Estimates
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Inwood, NY
- Alternator Replacement ($383 - 489) in Veteran, WY
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($163 - 192) in Eastville, VA
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($399 - 556) in Vinton, CA
- CV Joint Replacement ($158 - 200) in Maywood, CA
- Door Lock Actuator Replacement ($321 - 368) in Burlington Junction, MO