Irregular, infrequent whirling noise. Seems to happen more often when I am rushing around town, doing a lot of heavy accel/decel. rarely happens when I am driving for hours on the highway. Has been happening for 6 years, and is slowly getting louder, but not distractingly loud at this point. Instrument gauges are not visibly affected. Beginning of day or end of day does not seem to be a factor.
whirling noise behind instrument cluster on 2006 Ford Five Hundred
Asked by for the 2006 Ford Five Hundred
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Five Hundred Questions
- I have 90,000 miles and my engine symbol came on and stays on. What is it?
- What does failed engine safe mode mean and what needs to be fixed?
- Checked fuses and relays because heater fan stopped working. Now it won't start.
- When driving down the highway or setting still the gauges go to nothing except
- Rear passenger blinker bulb works, does not blink though...
2006 Ford Five Hundred Estimates
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($76 - $128) in Inwood, NY
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($399 - $556) in Veteran, WY
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($347 - $447) in Eastville, VA
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($603 - $695) in Vinton, CA
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($168 - $186) in Maywood, CA
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($52 - $63) in Burlington Junction, MO