I have changed sensors, cables, among others. Now the car tries to shut down after driving a while. Some have mentioned computer others the gasoline pump. When putting the car in machine to check sensors many just pop up. Sensors that have been changed.
While driving my car engine stops. on 2006 Hyundai Elantra
Asked by for the 2006 Hyundai Elantra
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by arturo08 ,
April 16, 2013
rec. fuel system clean. ethanol treatment to 1 tank of premium. ethanol treatment causes build up in fuel system, combustion chambers, exhaust system and causes increased wear to spark plugs. build up can trip the sensors.
1 more answer
Verified for the Hyundai Elantra43 reports
4 answersMarch 16, 2010
1 answerDecember 16, 2009
1 answerNovember 11, 2014
1 answerJuly 26, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- oil system exploded while driving ,losing most oil. Has this been a problem
- Is my car covered with its warranty still?
- The inside door locking lever works for only front and rear right side only.
- car wont shift, stuck in park.
- My car will shift fine but then all of a sudden it just stops and won't move
2006 Hyundai Elantra Estimates
- General Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Pretty Prairie, KS
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($803 - $1,170) in Wattsville, AL
- Tire Rotation ($26 - $34) in Waverly, WA
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($218 - $281) in Metaline, WA
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($511 - $1,043) in Eek, AK
- Window Switch Replacement ($161 - $197) in Garyville, LA