» » »

Mercury Q&A

Ask Your Question

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Question: Where's the idle wheel located?



window, 4.6L V8, Americus, GA, June 10, 2010, 17:46

About two months ago, I started hearing this winding noise while driving. whenever I turn the air condition on and get at a certain speed.

1 Answer
Flag This
  • Answer #1

    June 10, 2010, 19:41

    I think that you mean the fan belt Idler Pulley (wheel) and/or tensioner. These do wear out on Fords:
    here is a good source of repair information for your car

    this should help you with the needed to replace those components.

    Flag This