The hoses are good, the two check valves are working and the fuse is good only need to check the circuit relay but I don't know where is located, please help
Oldsmobile Q&AAsk Your Question
2000 Oldsmobile Silhouette Question: Where the air pump relay is located? Replaced the air pump still get code PO410
Answer #1PARTS GUY December 03, 2011, 10:29Master
Vehicle Application: 2000 Venture 3.4 2000 Silhouette 3.4
Customer Concern: Has code P0410.
Average Reported Mileage: 143107
Tests/Procedures: 1. Command the air pump on with a scan tool. If it does not turn on, check the 30 amp AIR fuse and the 15 amp IGN 1-U/H fuse in the underhood accessory wiring junction block.
2. If OK, check for power on the Red wire and ground on the Black wire at the air pump. If no power, check the operation of the air pump relay.
3. Inspect for water in the pump motor, causing the motor to seize or freeze in colder temperatures.
4. Check for a vacuum signal from the air vacuum solenoid to the air check valves when the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) energizes the system.
5. Verify the air check valves open and allow the air from the air pump to enter the exhaust system.
6. Check the Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2) sensor 1 operation for being active with a good range from under 100 millivolts to over 900 millivolts.
Tech Tips: Note that the scanner can command the air pump on, but it may not command the air vacuum solenoid on. The air vacuum solenoid operation will need to be checked during the PCM's normal operation of the air pump.
ReplyCubanito 002, December 04, 2011, 15:52Rookie
Thanks for your prompt answer but I need your expertise again. I replaced the air pump and was good for few days but the check engine light came back. I scanned the van again and the troubleshooting suggested to check the 30 amp fuse and the air pump relay. I replaced both and the check engine light still on. The air pump is working...I disconnected the vacuum line from both check valve and I heard the pump stop working, when I reconnected the lines the pump works again. I don't understand why there is so much moisture in the pump...My van has 150,000 very healthy and good in gas.