1997 Lincoln Town Car Q&A

1997 Lincoln Town Car Question: WHERE IS THE SWITCH FOR THE DOOR LIGHT? RADIO PROBLEMS?

WHEN I OPEN THE DRIVER DOOR, THE LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON. WHEN I OPEN OTHER DOORS THE LIGHT DOES COME ON. WHEN I OPEN THE DRIVE DOOR, THE RADIO DOES NOT GO OFF. WHEN I NEED THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS, I HAVE TO PUT THE LEFT TURN SIGNAL ON. IF I NEED TO JUST CLEAN THE WINDOW, THEN I CAN JUST PUSH THE BUTTON AND THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS DO GO ON. ALSO, I HAVE LIMITED IF NON AT ALL AM RADIO. ONLY 1010 WINDS IN NY AND WBBM IN CHICAGO. ALL ACROSS FROM NY TO CHICAGO NO AM STATIONS COME IN AT ALL. BELIEVE THE PROBLEM IS IN THE STEERING COLUMN. BUT THE MECHANIC WORKED SEVERAL HOURS OVER 4 DAYS AND COULD NOT FIND THE PROBLEM. WHERE IS THE SWITCH FOR THE DOOR LIGHT? CAN YOU HELP? THANKS GWEN RADLOFF -
the spring loaded switch is on the side of the dashboard where the door would hit when closed.its about one half to three quarters of an inch long. -
Comment 1
The switch is not found on the side of the dashboard. Could it be inside the door itself? Gwen Radloff -
Yes, the door ajar switch is on the latch. See dandd's response to your question asked above. -