I want to add a red LED light strip on the outer edge of each door...the aspect exposed when the door is open…where the latch is located. I want these red lights to illuminate with the interior lights when a door is opened...to make open doors highly visible to street bicyclists at night. Easy to wire if I can tap into the switch or activator wiring but where is the switch? No visible spring-loaded button switch anywhere on the door frame. So, where is the switch?
Where is the switch activating the interior lights when a door is opened? on 2003 Land Rover Freelander
Asked by for the 2003 Land Rover Freelander
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by bestmechanic of E2 Services Land Rover and MINI Cooper Specialists ,
October 17, 2012
The switch is part of the door latch
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Repair and Maintenance
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Maintenance Schedule
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Problems(10)
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Repair Estimates
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Q&A(27)
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Recalls(5)
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Shops
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Reviews(2)
This week's top 10
Recent Land Rover Freelander Questions
- Is the 2.5 liter V6 in the Freelander an interference motor
- Water leaks from the thermostat and from the exhaust, why?
- key can't unlock the doors? 1 rear door can't open &rear window won't close
- service engine led is on. engine does not work well and gas petal not work.
- Wanted to know what are the red claps for the oil lines.
2003 Land Rover Freelander Estimates
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($147 - $460) in Quinnesec, MI
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Cranberry, PA
- Alternator Replacement ($420 - $653) in Harshaw, WI
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($450 - $530) in Pflugerville, TX
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($47 - $54) in Hume, CA
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($215 - $262) in Fairfield, ME