I want to add a red LED light strip on the outer edge of each door...the aspect exposed when the door is open…where the latch is located. I want these red lights to illuminate with the interior lights when a door is opened...to make open doors highly visible to street bicyclists at night. Easy to wire if I can tap into the switch or activator wiring but where is the switch? No visible spring-loaded button switch anywhere on the door frame. So, where is the switch?
Where is the switch activating the interior lights when a door is opened? on 2003 Land Rover Freelander
ANSWER by bestmechanic of E2 Services Land Rover and MINI Cooper Specialists ,
October 17, 2012
The switch is part of the door latch
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Repair and Maintenance
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Maintenance Schedule
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Problems(10)
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Repair Estimates
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Q&A(26)
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Recalls(5)
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Shops
- 2003 Land Rover Freelander Reviews(2)
This week's top 10
Recent Land Rover Freelander Questions
- key can't unlock the doors? 1 rear door can't open &rear window won't close
- service engine led is on. engine does not work well and gas petal not work.
- Wanted to know what are the red claps for the oil lines.
- what is the srs light represent.how do i get it to turn off?
- What happens when there is no signal in the coil
2003 Land Rover Freelander Estimates
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($413 - 1,127) in Quinnesec, MI
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Cranberry, PA
- 22,500 Mile Service ($159 - 212) in Harshaw, WI
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Pflugerville, TX
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($58 - 69) in Hume, CA
- Engine Control Module Replacement ($1,184 - 1,195) in Fairfield, ME