I have a 96 with 201000 miles. If the weather is in the 100's and I've driven 20 to 30 miles it won't start when I return to it. It wants to start but dies with the sound of vacuum air escaping. If I lift the hood and let the engine cool down in about 15 to 20 minutes it will start but run ruff for a few seconds. I have had the catalytic converter tested and its good. I have had the fuel filter and pump changed but it still happens. I am open for suggestions.
When the engine is hot it wants to start but won't on 1996 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Questions
- Driving down road heard extremely loud backfire throu exhaust, engine died.
- passenger side of motor is covered with oil what could be the problem?
- My brake lights stay on. I changed the brake switch. didn't help. What do I do?
- Truck skips and stalls after water pump & thermostat replaced.
- 5.7 tbi k1500 Chevy can't seem to find where my engine coolant temp sensor goes?