Was having problems with lack of power on acceleration when truck died in traffic and would not start. No noises, vibrations, etc before it died. Am told that two ignition coils were bad and timing chain broke. Truck has 99,980 miles. Could not find any maintenance recommended for S-10s or milage life expectancy for the timing chains.
When should timing chain be replaced? What is the avg. cost of parts & labor? on 1999 Chevrolet S10
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet S10 Questions
- My heater temp adjustment won't work in Winter but works in Summer.
- I have a 2000 2.2liter 4cyl s10, and its got oil in the airbox
- power mirrors will not work
- it will not start when the ambient temperature gets below 32 degrees.
- if gas guage doesn't move truck wont start.if gauge moves then truck will start
1999 Chevrolet S10 Estimates
- Glow Plug Replacement ($240 - 327) in Glen Arm, MD
- Maintenance II ($167 - 238) in Windsor, MO
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($173 - 240) in Walshville, IL
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($198 - 291) in Guerneville, CA
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($139 - 225) in Prosperity, PA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($137 - 268) in Carlisle, IN