When you shift into any gear drive or reverse the is a slight bump when transmission engages. Well when I shift into reverse I get the normal bump then a 2nd bump. I am thinking maybe there is wear or end play in the CV joint. Does that seem possible I also get a click now and then from that area. There is also a noticeable vibration if you brake to slow down around 75 mph.
When shifting into reverse I get a bump twice on 2001 Dodge Stratus
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Stratus Questions
- I have a 2002 dodge stratus with a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder. I just had to replace
- I was backing up with my 2002 dodge stratus and was turning the wheel and heard
- after driving I have to wait @ least an hour for the car to start again
- Abs kicks on everytime I show down. Easy way to troubleshoot this problem pleas
- How do you repair the right front cradle?
2001 Dodge Stratus Estimates
- Add Front Engine Seals ($97 - 135) in Raymond, MT
- 150,000 Mile Service ($243 - 363) in Burns, KS
- AC Condenser Replacement ($527 - 873) in Bloomfield, MO
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($159 - 226) in Valentines, VA
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($241 - 305) in Asbury, WV
- Window Switch Replacement ($193 - 231) in Somersville, CT