auto trans, rear 2wd, 151k miles. OD light comes on as I approach speeds over 50mph. It feels as though the transmission is having difficulty shifting gears from 3rd to 4th? It has been suggested that my transmission need to be reconfigured. If possible, please provide me with an explaination as to what this means and possibly a price quote for service. Thanks.
when reaching speeds over 50mph drive is sluggish and O/D light comes on? on 1997 Ford Ranger
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Ranger Questions
- When driving truck in overdrivie it cuts out like it's not firing all cylinders
- How do you replace the idle air bypass valve?
- When coming to a stop sign/light or slowing for a turn, the engine stalls.
- Intermittent popping noise while in 4WD, and acts like it's trying to disengage.
- Why can't I get 4x4 switch to turn off ?
1997 Ford Ranger Estimates
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($441 - 790) in Aneth, UT
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - 60) in Pinetown, NC
- 60,000 Mile Service ($460 - 632) in North Miami, FL
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($471 - 620) in Polk, MO
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($185 - 217) in Markleysburg, PA
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($44 - 56) in Ducor, CA