I'm at a idle speed in drive or park, it sometimes acts like is wants to die. Does this little chugging noise and shake.. I took it to the shop and they told me I needed new spark plugs and wires. After replacing them, the problem seems to be happening more often. The problem is there isn't a check engine light that comes on. Also, my head gasket went out last summer, so that was just replaced along with the radiator. Just so you know some history on this car. Any ideas would help.
When I'm idling, my car acts like it wants to die, but doesn't. on 2003 Hyundai Elantra
Asked by for the 2003 Hyundai Elantra
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- oil system exploded while driving ,losing most oil. Has this been a problem
- Is my car covered with its warranty still?
- The inside door locking lever works for only front and rear right side only.
- car wont shift, stuck in park.
- My car will shift fine but then all of a sudden it just stops and won't move
2003 Hyundai Elantra Estimates
- Timing Belt Replacement ($303 - $405) in New Oxford, PA
- Tire Rotation ($26 - $34) in Del Rio, TN
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Park Rapids, MN
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($203 - $265) in Akron, AL
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($155 - $188) in Cannelton, IN
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($184 - $294) in Graymont, IL