I'm at a idle speed in drive or park, it sometimes acts like is wants to die. Does this little chugging noise and shake.. I took it to the shop and they told me I needed new spark plugs and wires. After replacing them, the problem seems to be happening more often. The problem is there isn't a check engine light that comes on. Also, my head gasket went out last summer, so that was just replaced along with the radiator. Just so you know some history on this car. Any ideas would help.
When I'm idling, my car acts like it wants to die, but doesn't. on 2003 Hyundai Elantra
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- Where is the fuse for the brake lights it's not labeled on the fuse panel box
- Why do the rpm's stay high while shifting gears (5 speed manual trans)?
- Has anyone else had to reset the time on their clock again and again?
- Where is the turn signal relay located?
- Bought car recently for wife.Did not come with key fob.Can I get 1& how? Thank U
2003 Hyundai Elantra Estimates
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in New Oxford, PA
- Add Timing Belt Tensioner ($90 - 132) in Del Rio, TN
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Park Rapids, MN
- 135,000 Mile Service ($27 - 61) in Akron, AL
- Brake Caliper Replacement ($615 - 643) in Cannelton, IN
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($142 - 162) in Graymont, IL