When i turn it off the sound goes away. Heater & AC work great. what is that clicking noise?
When i turn my air conditioning on there is a loud clicking from under the hood. on 2006 Ford Explorer
1 answer 2 comments
ANSWER by goodguy ,
March 18, 2014
sounds like the compressor clutch kicking in and out which could mean you need to check for leaks and top up freon
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
- how can I disconnect the ABS module so that the ABS warning will not light up?
- my lift gait ajar massage stays lit in my message display
2006 Ford Explorer Estimates
- 140,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Hiram, OH
- Timing Belt Replacement ($386 - 513) in Corn, OK
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($41 - 57) in Rockville, MD
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($244 - 355) in Sarles, ND
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($181 - 726) in Helena, GA
- Window Switch Replacement ($78 - 209) in Burlington, ND