The car had a constant tapping sound so I replaced the rod and main barrings. The tapping stopped however, when started from a cold startyou hear three taps and then the sound goes away while the engine is running. What is making the 3 taps when cold start?
When I start my engine I hear 3 taps then the noise stops... on 1999 Nissan Altima
Asked by for the 1999 Nissan Altima
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Altima Questions
- Front end shaky at highway speed, tires balanced recently,not a smooth ride
- how much is it to fix a push to start issue on a 2009 nissan altima
- Can’t shut off 1998 Nissan Altima’s alarm
- Engine cranks but will not start. Fob battery good.
- BLUE SMOKE WHEN I TURN IT ON. COULD BE A PISTON RING? HOW MUCH TO REPAIR?
1999 Nissan Altima Estimates
- Thermostat Replacement ($129 - 162) in Bowman, SC
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($42 - 60) in Montauk, NY
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($254 - 356) in Lacon, IL
- Timing Belt Replacement ($386 - 513) in Dunnell, MN
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($506 - 1,148) in Holden, MA
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($645 - 684) in Kerrville, TX