They had done a general check of the car a month earlier & the fuel tank, lines etc all passed. Then I brought it in for service & told them about the smell. Then they say the fuel pump connector is leaking thru the connector pins. $811. There is no visible sign under the car. Only the smell at the opening to put the gas in. Could there be a leak in the hosing from there to the tank, instead. So they want to replace the fuel pump.
When I fill my car up, without overfilling I smell gas until it gets to 3/4 tank on 2003 BMW 325i
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 325i Questions
- why does my car lightly shakes/jerk when the car is not in motion.
- vehicle idles up and down, some times idles really high.
- Dash lights do not work and service engine light comes on
- Driver's side door would not open with remote and car button...help
- Car won't start. Temp shows vehicle is overheating but it is not.
2003 BMW 325i Estimates
- Spark Plug Replacement ($177 - 242) in Stinson Lake, NH
- Heater Control Valve Replacement ($305 - 552) in Charlotte, MI
- Brake Pad Replacement ($163 - 287) in Fenton, IA
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($139 - 175) in Bolinas, CA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($397 - 487) in Finleyville, PA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($570 - 728) in Amboy, WA