They had done a general check of the car a month earlier & the fuel tank, lines etc all passed. Then I brought it in for service & told them about the smell. Then they say the fuel pump connector is leaking thru the connector pins. $811. There is no visible sign under the car. Only the smell at the opening to put the gas in. Could there be a leak in the hosing from there to the tank, instead. So they want to replace the fuel pump.
When I fill my car up, without overfilling I smell gas until it gets to 3/4 tank on 2003 BMW 325i
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 325i Questions
- if oil pan gasket leak not repaired right can this damage clutch?
- How to fix side morrors that will not movi
- When I first get going in my car the break pedal jolts/clunks. Only once p/drive
- When I start my car it make a loud ticking sound? What causes this?
- Transmission works fine when fluid is full, but can't find the leak!