They had done a general check of the car a month earlier & the fuel tank, lines etc all passed. Then I brought it in for service & told them about the smell. Then they say the fuel pump connector is leaking thru the connector pins. $811. There is no visible sign under the car. Only the smell at the opening to put the gas in. Could there be a leak in the hosing from there to the tank, instead. So they want to replace the fuel pump.
When I fill my car up, without overfilling I smell gas until it gets to 3/4 tank on 2003 BMW 325i
Asked by for the 2003 BMW 325i
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 325i Questions
- My car does not go in drive, automatic transmission slipping after fluid change
- What transmission do I have and what atf fluid do I need
- what would make the loud humming sound when acceleration and the get lower when
- My car won't unlock. I can use key to unlock the drivers side, not other doors.
- My manual 5 speed transmission popped loud and I lost first second ,and reverse.
2003 BMW 325i Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($510 - 766) in Stinson Lake, NH
- AC Condenser Replacement ($411 - 880) in Charlotte, MI
- Fuel Filter Change ($127 - 217) in Fenton, IA
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($190 - 257) in Bolinas, CA
- Water Pump Replacement ($285 - 438) in Finleyville, PA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($232 - 420) in Amboy, WA