Well the Engine wasn't holding water cause of a leak in the hose from the water pump to the engine, I drove the car with the temp. flexuating and having to often stop and refill with water. Now my car wouldn't start 2 days ago, I went & had the battery tested and charged, the car still wouldn't start a friend helped me push start it! I had a mechanic thats near me look at it and he said it was the starter, well then my car was parked across from his shop, He saw me at my car and asked, why do i push start just turn with key so i tried it and it turned over,Didn't start.He said "You see these hands i been mechanic for long time". So he said " You need gas why mess with ur car just go get gas" so I got gas Tried to start again and still it turned over but not on, Then he said " It must be the fuel pump". Now 2 days b4 i push started it and it drove fine the fuel pump wasn't the problem then.
When driving car when it was hot somehow have caused the fuel pump 2 malfunction on 1997 Volkswagen Passat
Asked by for the 1997 Volkswagen Passat
1 answerSeptember 22, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Passat Questions
- When check engine light goes on at 70,000 What service is due and how much ?
- My Passat alarm is going off even after I use my key to unlock it and wobt start
- I have to replace a thermostst. How much is it? (part&labor)
- How much 2 set timing, I had belt changed and timing seems 2 to b off
- Will fixing a crankshaft rear main seal fix misfire&fuel pressure/lean codes?
1997 Volkswagen Passat Estimates
- Air Filter Replacement ($67 - $104) in Perry, FL
- Brake Pad Replacement ($187 - $244) in Hampton, IL
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($84 - $139) in Harbeson, DE
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($191 - $507) in Bumpass, VA
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($282 - $416) in Petersburg, VA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($310 - $365) in Harvey, AR