front driver's side wheel makes a grinding sound, and when going into a curve the car seems to lose control for a second before regaining control in the curve
wheel problem on 2000 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
May 28, 2009
This sounds like a serious front end issue that is UNSAFE! I would not drive this vehicle. It sounds like a tie-rod end is about to break off or something or something else. Have this vehicle towed to a front end shop and have this problem inspected before you injure/kill your self or some one else or BOTH! I am totally sincere when I say this.
1 answerMarch 23, 2016
1 answerFebruary 16, 2015
Verified for the Ford Escort14 reports
1 answerFebruary 25, 2013
1 answerMarch 28, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
2000 Ford Escort Estimates
- Air Pump Replacement ($201 - 557) in Milan, OH
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($268 - 349) in Lytton, IA
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($190 - 279) in Vermontville, NY
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($256 - 435) in Mount Olivet, KY
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($337 - 530) in Accomac, VA
- Battery Cable Replacement ($73 - 90) in Oxon Hill, MD