I have a low grinding noise coming from the front end. I think it is a wheel bearing, i was told over the phone by mech. that the hub assembly must be changed and it would cost 350 with labor. Does that sound accurate. Can you change just the wheel bearing. Thank you Sam
Wheel bearing or hub assembly on 2004 Lincoln LS
ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
April 03, 2009
Check out the RepairPrice Estimator: http://repairpal.com/estimator You will see that the price you paid is right in the middle of the estimate range. The wheel bearing is part of the hub assembly and cannot be replaced separately.
2 answersMarch 04, 2011
1 answerMarch 09, 2011
1 answerOctober 07, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln LS Questions
- Serpentine belt coming off alternator and tearing outside strand of belt off
- The engine is overheating and the car shut off.
- My heater blows cold air, what could the problem be
- I replaced my power steering pump and now I have no power steering what's wrong?
- How bad is it if the thermostat housing is having problems.
2004 Lincoln LS Estimates
- Alternator Replacement ($294 - 433) in Racine, MN
- Brake Pad Replacement ($108 - 201) in Clinton, OK
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($209 - 270) in Porthill, ID
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Los Alamitos, CA
- Alternator Replacement ($264 - 422) in Rose Hill, KS
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($636 - 765) in Reubens, ID