I have a low grinding noise coming from the front end. I think it is a wheel bearing, i was told over the phone by mech. that the hub assembly must be changed and it would cost 350 with labor. Does that sound accurate. Can you change just the wheel bearing. Thank you Sam
Wheel bearing or hub assembly on 2004 Lincoln LS
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
April 03, 2009
Check out the RepairPrice Estimator: http://repairpal.com/estimator You will see that the price you paid is right in the middle of the estimate range. The wheel bearing is part of the hub assembly and cannot be replaced separately.
2 answersMarch 04, 2011
1 answerMarch 09, 2011
1 answerOctober 07, 2010
2 answersMarch 14, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln LS Questions
- what does the etc engine overide light on means
- Tranny won't stay in gear,pump wines loudly, can move it when it's cool not warm
- When vehicle is parked on hill with front up the inside leaks when it rains, why
- my car will not go into any gear, but its not the linkage. where does fluid go.
- The fan won't speed up with the temp of the engine. Stays one speed slow.
2004 Lincoln LS Estimates
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($399 - 666) in Racine, MN
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($313 - 393) in Clinton, OK
- Clutch Replacement ($851 - 1,282) in Porthill, ID
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($441 - 644) in Los Alamitos, CA
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($95 - 102) in Rose Hill, KS
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Reubens, ID