trans. will seem to slip or go into neutral when going into reverse. but only at time. not all the time.could this be electrical? I had a serpentine belt put on a few months ago and they had to lower the motor.could they have pulled something loose? it seemed to work fine before they worked on it.
what would make a transmission jerk a few times, usually between 40 and 50 mph. on 1998 Mercury Mystique
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Mystique Questions
- If disassemble the speed sensor will the car still run
- I replaced my vss and my speedometer still has not come back on
- where is the vehicle speed sensor A on a 96 mystique 2.5L auto trans
- replace the flywheel
- Problem with up hill acceleration and higher speed acceleration. Car loses power in middle of driving.
1998 Mercury Mystique Estimates
- Alternator Replacement ($452 - 610) in Fritch, TX
- 120,000 Mile Service ($529 - 733) in Chatham, MS
- 105,000 Mile Service ($97 - 149) in Marysville, IN
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($202 - 286) in Huntsville, AR
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($189 - 267) in Shapleigh, ME
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Honaker, VA