The vehicle was making the noise and it did it today I lost all power and the vehicle stalled and will not re fire. It cranks but won't fire and when I am cranking it you can here it pop a little in the tail pipe. The noise came when the vehicle was in gear and warmed up if I let off the gas it quit or if I put it in neutral it quit.I haven't lost any oil or antifreeze, both levels are fine. I just changed the oil Friday and used SAE 10 W 40 because the car has 117,000 miles on it.
What would cause the motor to make a clanging noise and cut out and stall on 2000 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
2000 Ford Escort Estimates
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($64 - 111) in Milan, OH
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($44 - 60) in Lytton, IA
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($432 - 530) in Vermontville, NY
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($344 - 407) in Mount Olivet, KY
- Engine Mount Replacement ($159 - 181) in Accomac, VA
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($725 - 814) in Oxon Hill, MD