The vehicle was making the noise and it did it today I lost all power and the vehicle stalled and will not re fire. It cranks but won't fire and when I am cranking it you can here it pop a little in the tail pipe. The noise came when the vehicle was in gear and warmed up if I let off the gas it quit or if I put it in neutral it quit.I haven't lost any oil or antifreeze, both levels are fine. I just changed the oil Friday and used SAE 10 W 40 because the car has 117,000 miles on it.
What would cause the motor to make a clanging noise and cut out and stall on 2000 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
2000 Ford Escort Estimates
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($113 - 316) in Milan, OH
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($238 - 275) in Lytton, IA
- Clutch Replacement ($850 - 1,251) in Vermontville, NY
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($256 - 1,036) in Mount Olivet, KY
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($189 - 239) in Accomac, VA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($428 - 467) in Oxon Hill, MD