The vehicle was making the noise and it did it today I lost all power and the vehicle stalled and will not re fire. It cranks but won't fire and when I am cranking it you can here it pop a little in the tail pipe. The noise came when the vehicle was in gear and warmed up if I let off the gas it quit or if I put it in neutral it quit.I haven't lost any oil or antifreeze, both levels are fine. I just changed the oil Friday and used SAE 10 W 40 because the car has 117,000 miles on it.
What would cause the motor to make a clanging noise and cut out and stall on 2000 Ford Escort
Asked by for the 2000 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- Can u place any Ford radiator that fits on the Ford escort 95??
- My radio does not work. I replaced it and it still doesn't work. The fuse is OK
- car will not turn over. good battery and alternator.
- Replaced timing belt. Car turns over & has spark but won't start. Why?
- Front driver tire has excessive inner wear?
2000 Ford Escort Estimates
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($268 - $349) in Milan, OH
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Lytton, IA
- AC Condenser Replacement ($402 - $507) in Vermontville, NY
- AC Recharge ($200 - $276) in Mount Olivet, KY
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($360 - $456) in Accomac, VA
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($242 - $479) in Oxon Hill, MD