The vehicle was making the noise and it did it today I lost all power and the vehicle stalled and will not re fire. It cranks but won't fire and when I am cranking it you can here it pop a little in the tail pipe. The noise came when the vehicle was in gear and warmed up if I let off the gas it quit or if I put it in neutral it quit.I haven't lost any oil or antifreeze, both levels are fine. I just changed the oil Friday and used SAE 10 W 40 because the car has 117,000 miles on it.
What would cause the motor to make a clanging noise and cut out and stall on 2000 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- Makes humming noise when I hook up battery
- Why all my lights keep blowing on my escort ,what is causing it?
- Interior lights won't go out
- Interior lights want go out
- My 1997 Ford Escort won't start it makes a clicking sound when the cars not on the sound is coming from under the dash when I turn the key there's nothing