The van was electrically dead after driving it a half hour before. When we tried to jump it, it almost caused my buddy's truck to die and over heated the jumper cables. Took out the old battery and when installing the new one it arced and caught the side post on fire. What would cause this kind of short?
What would cause an electrical short that would ruin the battery? on 2003 GMC Safari
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Safari Questions
- i replaced my heater blower fan and still doesn't work
- What do I make of the price range from $70-to $300 for replacment distributer?
- cranks but no start. replaced fuel pump, filter, and battery. noticed
- neg wire to air conditioner fuse not sending signal so compressor won't start
- Vehicle is mighty squeaky and has alot of bounce ,smooth bounce, but bounce..sho
2003 GMC Safari Estimates
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($200 - 285) in Forest Home, AL
- Electrical System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Thornton, IL
- Brake Pad Replacement ($212 - 290) in Choteau, MT
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($84 - 139) in New Market, MD
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($172 - 210) in Shawmut, MT
- Horn Replacement ($163 - 187) in De Beque, CO