COLD ENGINE THIS MORNING, BLUE COLD COOLANT LT ON. LESS THAN A MILE LATER OVERHEAT LT STARTS FLASHING. KNOWING ENGINE COLD, CONTINUE DRIVING, LIGHT GOES OUT AFTER A SHORT WHILE. TOTAL DISTANCE TRAVELED ABOUT 2 MILES AT 45 MPH. CONTINUE DRIVING 5 OR 6 MILES, NO PROBLEM. BACK HOME, IN THE PM I CHECK COOLANT LEVEL AND IT IS LOW. JUST FILLED A FEW WEEKS AGO, HAVEN'T NOTICED ANY LEAKS.
WHAT TURNS ON THE COOLANT OVERHEAT WARNING LIGHT. on 1998 Volkswagen Beetle
3 answersApril 06, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Beetle Questions
- Ran out of gas and now my car won't start.it will turn over but won't start.
- wjat causes hesitation when changing gears and no response when flooring petal
- a 1998 vw beetle that been sitting in my garage that starts but later stops run
- white smoke from top left corner of engine
- Weird honk noise from engine