COLD ENGINE THIS MORNING, BLUE COLD COOLANT LT ON. LESS THAN A MILE LATER OVERHEAT LT STARTS FLASHING. KNOWING ENGINE COLD, CONTINUE DRIVING, LIGHT GOES OUT AFTER A SHORT WHILE. TOTAL DISTANCE TRAVELED ABOUT 2 MILES AT 45 MPH. CONTINUE DRIVING 5 OR 6 MILES, NO PROBLEM. BACK HOME, IN THE PM I CHECK COOLANT LEVEL AND IT IS LOW. JUST FILLED A FEW WEEKS AGO, HAVEN'T NOTICED ANY LEAKS.
WHAT TURNS ON THE COOLANT OVERHEAT WARNING LIGHT. on 1998 Volkswagen Beetle
Asked by for the 1998 Volkswagen Beetle
3 answersApril 06, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Beetle Questions
- The car starts when I add ether, but just for a few seconds after it just shuts
- What is the estimated cost to replace transmission in the th VW?
- what is the calibration gap for this 2.0l
- What causes it not to fire when u have both fuel and spark?
- strong exaust/fule smell when cold... Not after warming up. Check Light on.
1998 Volkswagen Beetle Estimates
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($355 - $447) in Willis Wharf, VA
- EGR Valve Replacement ($410 - $540) in Hampton, SC
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($104 - $143) in Helena, AR
- General Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Kingsland, AR
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($698 - $740) in Liberty, TN
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($432 - $470) in Neversink, NY