COLD ENGINE THIS MORNING, BLUE COLD COOLANT LT ON. LESS THAN A MILE LATER OVERHEAT LT STARTS FLASHING. KNOWING ENGINE COLD, CONTINUE DRIVING, LIGHT GOES OUT AFTER A SHORT WHILE. TOTAL DISTANCE TRAVELED ABOUT 2 MILES AT 45 MPH. CONTINUE DRIVING 5 OR 6 MILES, NO PROBLEM. BACK HOME, IN THE PM I CHECK COOLANT LEVEL AND IT IS LOW. JUST FILLED A FEW WEEKS AGO, HAVEN'T NOTICED ANY LEAKS.
WHAT TURNS ON THE COOLANT OVERHEAT WARNING LIGHT. on 1998 Volkswagen Beetle
3 answersApril 06, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Beetle Questions
- What is involved in replacing the convertible top.
- Leaks fluid from seal where torque converter attached to it replaced 3 times
- Keeps leaking transmission fluid from seal where the torque converter goes into
- Their is water inmy back floorboard where could it be coming from
- Where is the fuse for the turning signals?
1998 Volkswagen Beetle Estimates