COLD ENGINE THIS MORNING, BLUE COLD COOLANT LT ON. LESS THAN A MILE LATER OVERHEAT LT STARTS FLASHING. KNOWING ENGINE COLD, CONTINUE DRIVING, LIGHT GOES OUT AFTER A SHORT WHILE. TOTAL DISTANCE TRAVELED ABOUT 2 MILES AT 45 MPH. CONTINUE DRIVING 5 OR 6 MILES, NO PROBLEM. BACK HOME, IN THE PM I CHECK COOLANT LEVEL AND IT IS LOW. JUST FILLED A FEW WEEKS AGO, HAVEN'T NOTICED ANY LEAKS.
WHAT TURNS ON THE COOLANT OVERHEAT WARNING LIGHT. on 1998 Volkswagen Beetle
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Beetle Questions
- Can I have a remote starter put in my 'bug' ?? Thanks in advance
- Does my 99 Volkswagen Beetle GLS 2.0 manual have shocks, struts or both?
- After breaking it sounds like air is building up pressure. Is there a leak ? Or.
- Pop noise under drivers side occasionally when driving and also when reversing
- Was messing with fuse box crank one time Steele wines over but won't crank
1998 Volkswagen Beetle Estimates
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Willis Wharf, VA
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($442 - 676) in Hampton, SC
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($294 - 364) in Helena, AR
- Air Filter Replacement ($67 - 104) in Kingsland, AR
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($287 - 439) in Liberty, TN
- Engine Control Module Replacement ($1,150 - 1,717) in Neversink, NY