Chevrolet Q&A

Ask Your Question

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Question: What tool do I need to loosen the tension so i can remove drive belt?



tybizn3ss, 3.4L V6, Riverside, CA, May 30, 2014, 15:46

I'm trying to change my water pump, but I can't loosen the tension pulley to remove the serpentine belt. The tension pulley has a square hole that I can't fit any sockets into, what kind of tool do you need to loosen the tension pulley so that i can remove the serpentine belt?

1 Answer
Flag This
  • Answer #1

    May 30, 2014, 19:33

    Maybe if you used that ratchet you have WITHOUT a socket on it,, the squre part of the ratchet might fit into the "square hole" in the tensioner!

    Flag This
Answer Ranks