I had a loud squealing sound when I put my car in reverse or turned the wheels. Thought it was the brakes and took the car in to be inspected. Was told the front lower arm control bushings on both sides were cracked and causing the tires to dry rot. Told I should have it done in a week and no longer or the wheel could dislocated effecting the struts. Quoted $720. I agree this should be a recall, the problem seems to be common. I have 185,000+ miles. I am taking my car to another mechanic.
What the longest time between being told and getting the bushings repaired? on 2003 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- I just had a cooling sensor replaced my mechanic said I have to drive it for so many miles for it to pass inspection why is this
- How can I be sure which transmission speed sensor I need to replace.
- what is a torque converter my check engine light is on and I was told
- Can i rebuild my ignition switch so it doesn't die
- When driving the front will start shaking but will stop and go for days ?