I just purchaced the truck and the previous ouner just replaced the battery and never drove it after. I failed emmissions and the check engine is not on and the tech at the emmission place said that it says the readiness monitor is not ready and it may need to be driven. I just need to know what I need to do for this readiness test to say ready
what steps do I need to take to do a readiness monitor test for emmissions on 1996 Ford Explorer
Asked by for the 1996 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- What do I do if doing it my self
- rear wiper stop working could hear motor engaging.Replaced motor with a new one.
- My suv is making a clicking noise when i turn the heat on.
- We lost our key fob. Had explorer towed to dealership.
- on a on a 1999 Ford Explorer how do you check the fuel relay two know whether?
1996 Ford Explorer Estimates
- AC Recharge ($200 - $276) in San Perlita, TX
- General Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Taylor Springs, IL
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($349 - $553) in Alix, AR
- Knock Sensor Replacement ($308 - $424) in Bearden, AR
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($58 - $153) in Herrick Center, PA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($368 - $474) in Greenville, CA