1998 Ford Crown Victoria Q&A

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Question: what parts do i have too take off to replace hose that goes out back of water pu

i did some troubleshooting i had a coolant leak, i found it its in back of water pump thers a metal hose that goes back about 12 in then thats were coolant is weaping out of,that hose is metal i was wondering does it turn to rubber and how in the hell i can get to it. A/C was just blowing very hot air befor leak now it starts working just till coolant gets low was it clogged uP? THANKS -
Answer 1
It a heater hose that goes under the intake manifold, it has got to come off! Another better idea. However if you are pretty handy with a wrench it aint that bad, bet there is something on youtube. Yep just checked, google 98 Ford 4.6 intake replace & check out the videos. I did not watch them but it's bound to help you decide. Hell i couldn't stand it so i checked it out, one shows a way to do this without removing the intake! -
Comment 1
man thanks hell of alot !!! Bypass it is -
Comment 2
Yea no #hit! I am glad you ask your question too cause like the guy in the video said unless it is a show car wtf difference does it make? -
Comment 3
im bypass'n tomm ,just them hoses i cut r left open under manifold? or should they be good or closem up? -
Comment 4
Dont worry about them! Just leave them open. When routing new hose just keep it away from sharp objects that may cut/wear a hole in it, cut it long as you can always trim it later. Be a little easy with the hose back at the heater core, just split it with a sharp blade and peel it off as not to damage the core! -