What might be the problem on 1997 Dodge Caravan

While sitting at the light my car started to loose power. I turned off my A/C and started pumping the accelerator to try to keep it running, but is turned off. I waited for the light to change and tried it again. It was trying to start but wouldn't. I had gas, it was not running hot, the battery is good. I just had the starter replace a week ago. Can you give me idea what it might be.

by in Hyattsville, MD on June 13, 2011
1 answer
ANSWER by on June 13, 2011
I think I'd check the fuel pressure. It sounds like your fuel pump is failing. Get it towed to a Dodge specialist for diagnosis and estimate. If you want to find a Dodge specialist, here's our directory link for you: https://repairpal.com/directory?address=20781&car_brand_names=Dodge
My transmission has a fault code how do I clear it ??? I was on a road trip when it happened I am not sure of the code and have read it is a common problem with that model it still shifts strong an...
Car (70000 miles with rebuilt transmission)runs fine on street, but when I take it to the road at constant speed of 50-55 mph or a bit higher, the automatic transmission seems to become stuck in lo...
used a MAC smoke injector and can't find leak. replaced hoses and still getting code up to two weeks after I clear code
But not all the time. I read you could put a quart or 2 of Tranny fluid in the crankcase before an oil change (not over filling of course) and it might clean the oil passages. Thanks, Les
My instrument panel has gone dead. The back lights work and I can see what is on the panel at night, but the gas guage, the speedometer, the odometer, the temperature guage, turn signals, and horn...