Inline 6.. upon startup everything appears fine. Minutes into it however engine begins to lope as if it wants to stall. but doesnt. Couple minutes later...begins to run fine and will until engine is shut off again. Process begins again everytime despite hot or cold engine and or weather conditions. Changed many sensors. NO engine light. Could this be a vacuum issue. I read engine loops after so many minutes and it appears once this process is complete, engine runs fine. Im at a loss....please help
What may cause vehicle's idle to lope after startup? Once cycles then runs fine. on 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Asked by for the 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
- 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Maintenance Schedule
- 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems(24)
- 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair Estimates
- 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Q&A(131)
- 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls(4)
- 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Shops
- 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews(6)
This week's top 10
Recent Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
- Cost to replace rear main seal, how long to fix it, leaks front and back engine
- Is inconsistent on temperature, & doesn't work when set on defrost.
- I have a 171 and 174 code and when I step on gas it just bogs and has no get up.
- My cruise control is not working. Was working , but just recently stopped.
- Why does my vehicle hesitate when I hit a bump at 55+ mph and its warm outside?
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Estimates
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - $104) in Sandusky, NY
- Air Filter Replacement ($48 - $65) in Charlottesville, VA
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($405 - $632) in Audubon, PA
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($673 - $931) in Chapin, IL
- Engine Oil Filter Adapter Replacement ($51 - $64) in Honor, MI
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($68 - $102) in Yerington, NV