I had a diagnostic run, and they said that my head gaskets are blown (but I have not oil leak nor water in the oil), cylinders 1,3,&5 are misfiring and the others are intermittent, the water pump was going bad, and there is a leak in the block (possibly just because the water pump is bad). Water pump did go, and I had it towed home. We replaced the water pump, and then started to flush the radiator and put stop leak in it. While running the car for about 5 minutes after putting in the flush solution, we revved the car just a little to help get the flush moving through the system and all of a sudden the engine started making a horrible loud knocking sound. We of course immediately shut it off, but now I am scared to turn it back on. Is the van done for?
What makes a loud knocking sound in the engine all of a sudden in idle? on 2003 Chevrolet Venture
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Venture Questions
- what do you call the plastic that the electric window motor mounts to?
- .warner bros it started making a wining sound like it needed power stering fluid
- how do i keep the gears from dissapearing on my 99 chevy venture?
- My 97 Venture runs fine then sputters spiits and backfires will sometimes cut of
- On top of the fuse box
2003 Chevrolet Venture Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($158 - 211) in Coaldale, PA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Portola, CA
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($112 - 171) in Whiting, KS
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($143 - 254) in Lowry, MN
- Throttle Position Sensor Replacement ($130 - 143) in Comerio, PR
- Tie Rod Replacement ($238 - 254) in South Bethlehem, NY