1998 Volkswagen Passat Q&A

1998 Volkswagen Passat Question: What is usually replaced when someone says "clutch needs to be replaced"?

A mechanic says the clutch is going to go or needs replacement--is this the assembly, or more parts? -
Answer 1
The clutch should be replaced as an assembly (pressure plate,disc,throwout bearing) and its a good idea to buy the best quality parts available so it will last for years -