For 99 Nissan Pathfinder 3.3L w/ 4WD. The bushings that mount the steering gear/rack to the frame needed replacing so I have removed the mounting brackets and taken out the torn bushings. I'm picking up the new bushings tomorrow and would appreciate some advice so that I don't do anything stupid. It seems pretty straight forward; remove mounting brackets, remove old, torn bushings, put new bushings on, replace mounts. The info I'm looking for is something like is there a special way that the slit in the bushing needs to face? Or any advice on making sure I do it right so "this bad thing doesn't happen." Thank you!
What is the right way to replace the steering gear/rack bushing? on 1999 Nissan Pathfinder
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Pathfinder Questions
- Will crankshaft from 94 pathfinder swap with my 88 pathfinder?
- If I'm not on the throttle it just sputters and hesitates. I've changed a lot
- I have a severe wobble in car. side to side motion. starts around 60 mph.
- I have a problem with the back widow. It rolls down when I turn the ign. key off
- What would make a Pathfinder feel like it wobbles when you drive around 60 mph?