For 99 Nissan Pathfinder 3.3L w/ 4WD. The bushings that mount the steering gear/rack to the frame needed replacing so I have removed the mounting brackets and taken out the torn bushings. I'm picking up the new bushings tomorrow and would appreciate some advice so that I don't do anything stupid. It seems pretty straight forward; remove mounting brackets, remove old, torn bushings, put new bushings on, replace mounts. The info I'm looking for is something like is there a special way that the slit in the bushing needs to face? Or any advice on making sure I do it right so "this bad thing doesn't happen." Thank you!
What is the right way to replace the steering gear/rack bushing? on 1999 Nissan Pathfinder
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Pathfinder Questions
- My lights around the ac knobs and around the gear shifter are out what to do
- my pathfinder is actually a 87 and i dont know what the problem is with it
- I have no power going to the fuel pump relay, relay is good terminal 5 has power
- how do i check distributor cap coil on a 99 pathfinder
- My car got stuck in reverse and the shifter moves but car is still in reverse?
1999 Nissan Pathfinder Estimates
- 150,000 Mile Service ($377 - 524) in Swanlake, ID
- 45,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Montgomery Creek, CA
- Clutch Replacement ($1,245 - 1,634) in Freeport, ME
- 82,500 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Choccolocco, AL
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($255 - 322) in Midway Park, NC
- Horn Replacement ($125 - 155) in Pawlet, VT