all forward gears work fine, But when I go in reverse you can hear the engine idle drop like it is in reverse car will not back up. I let the car sit for two days after I changed the filter and fluid thinking that would solve the problem it didn't. I checked the car again ( after the two days) transmission goes in reverse strongly no problems. Drove the car in reverse for about a 1 block down the street worked fine. backed the car in the yard shut it down. 30 min. later no reverse. is this a computer issue or a valve body issue. please help
what is the problem when the transmission will not go into reverse. on 1991 Toyota Corolla
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Corolla Questions
- vibration at higher speeds then major wobble when slowing down or going under 30
- my car wont go into or out of park. I have to use override to start or park car
- Car starts fine but initially hesitates upon accelerator press to increase RPMS.
- Why does the rotor on the distributor keep cracking. It has happened four times.
- Why engine knocks
1991 Toyota Corolla Estimates
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($261 - $342) in Coalfield, TN
- Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($164 - $260) in Greenview, CA
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($326 - $436) in Delmar, AL
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($387 - $447) in Lorena, TX
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($333 - $380) in Lookout Mountain, TN
- Engine Mount Replacement ($209 - $270) in Williams, OR