all forward gears work fine, But when I go in reverse you can hear the engine idle drop like it is in reverse car will not back up. I let the car sit for two days after I changed the filter and fluid thinking that would solve the problem it didn't. I checked the car again ( after the two days) transmission goes in reverse strongly no problems. Drove the car in reverse for about a 1 block down the street worked fine. backed the car in the yard shut it down. 30 min. later no reverse. is this a computer issue or a valve body issue. please help
what is the problem when the transmission will not go into reverse. on 1991 Toyota Corolla
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Corolla Questions
- 1998 Toyota Corolla seat belt light flashes although seat belt locked in.
- hard start in the morning
- While I was driving, steering wheel and brake pedal has locked, all of a sudden.
- Drivers side headlights do not work, light bulbs, fuses look good, what else?
- Will the parts for a '99 work/cross-reference in an '07?