all forward gears work fine, But when I go in reverse you can hear the engine idle drop like it is in reverse car will not back up. I let the car sit for two days after I changed the filter and fluid thinking that would solve the problem it didn't. I checked the car again ( after the two days) transmission goes in reverse strongly no problems. Drove the car in reverse for about a 1 block down the street worked fine. backed the car in the yard shut it down. 30 min. later no reverse. is this a computer issue or a valve body issue. please help
what is the problem when the transmission will not go into reverse. on 1991 Toyota Corolla
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Corolla Questions
- AC short or connection issue? Blows super cold and panel lights are on...
- Do I need to change my timing belt/chain at 60k miles?
- the starter is redounding fast but won't push through runing the enginewhen
- battery and starter are working but won't start
- right front brake locks up even after pump/controller & caliper hose replaced +