What is the problem? on 2003 Ford F-150 Lightning

When i start my truck it runs fine for about ten second. then the rpms ease down and it begins to sputter(in park and neutral)acting like it wants to die but in drive and reverse it runs great Whats causing this?

by in Beaumont, TX on April 25, 2012
1 answer 4 comments
ANSWER by on April 25, 2012
is your ck eng light on? if so have codes read at auto zone for free and post so we can advise
COMMENT by on April 25, 2012
P0171,P0174,P0401
COMMENT by on April 25, 2012
sounds like your pcv hose is leaking vac and possibly your dpfe valve is bad or hoses going to it. you can find the air leak with a smoke test.if its a 4.2l you may have an intake leak which is common on that motor
COMMENT by on April 26, 2012
I've checked all the hoses and replaced the egr valve since it was a little clogged but my fuel pressure gauge started acting up not to long ago and now doesn't work could I possibly have a fuel injector problem?
COMMENT by on April 27, 2012
ck what i adv on 1st
My truck stalls during reverse. It drives fine, but when I shift to reverse it stalls. It happens every now and then. What is causing this and how can I fix it?
i just went to my local repair shop to see if the check engine light thats on is still reads the egr valve.it does.the scan machine he used said egr isn't opening.what would cause this to happen.h...
Truck was running fine just shut off with the smell of a a coil burning in cab.
My son has a 2002 Ford Lightning and recently the engine has been shutting completely down while driving it...he lets it sit for 5 or 10 minutes and it starts up again and then dies after driving i...
what is p1000 incomplete obt and p0234 engine overboost condition and how do i repair the problem? When in on the freeway and i give it speed, my service engine soon light starts to flash and when ...