I have a 2002 Grand Prix GT 3.8L. Just had the upper and lower intake gaskets replaced, the valve gaskets replaced, a new radiator, and a new 4th gear shaft put in my transmission as the car was not shifting from 3rd to overdrive (this works fine now). The problem I have is that when I depress the accelerator 1/4 to 1/2 the way down (seems like the same type spot each time), the car starts to jerk and the rpms go up and down during acceleration. Once I push the accelerator more to get past this oint, the car accelerates fine. This mostly happens when going up a hill and trying to maintain power going up the hill or, when accelerating slowly. When I punch it, no issues.
What is the problem? on 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix
1 answer 2 comments
do u have any eng or trans codes? if not read fuel trim with scanner to see if its fuel related or poss vac leak
1 answerSeptember 25, 2010
2 answersJanuary 10, 2012
2 answersFebruary 08, 2011
3 answersNovember 06, 2012
1 answerDecember 24, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Prix Questions
- What is fuel pressure psi
- What causes this?I have to push the gas peddle to the floor for the car to move
- My fuel line is leaking from the round thing built into the line how to fix it
- Hard to start 1/2 the time. Tacometer will drop to 0 sometimes. Stalls sometimes
- my codes saying I have air flow and sensor blockage/damage? cost to repair?