What is the name of the part where the universal joint in the rear called on 1994 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

I had a loud clinging sound coming from my rear thinking it was my rear universal joint after investigating a lil more i found out it was the housing unit behind my drive shaft whats the name of that part and can it be replaced

It is called a yoke, from the way you described it, yes It can be replaced if need be but you have more problems besides that! Best have a mechanic take a look.