Before changing my oil 5 weeks ago I noticed a knock in the engine and there was some metal flake in the old oil. The car was doing fine for a bit then the oil pressure light started coming on. At first it only comes on when idling and eventually stays on while driving. I noticed that I now have a leak at the oil pan and was going to rebuild the oil pump as well as replacing the gasket on the pan. After thinking about it, I started to wonder if it is more likely to be a turned bearing. It's been a very long time since I rebuilt a motor and I don't have much time nor the tools to do everything to rebuild so it may be better for me to take it to a shop. If you think it something much more simple that can be done in a few hours with basic tools please let me know. Thanks
What is the most likely reason for my engine to be losing oil pressure?
on 2004 Dodge Stratus
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Stratus Questions
- I was backing up with my 2002 dodge stratus and was turning the wheel and heard
- after driving I have to wait @ least an hour for the car to start again
- Abs kicks on everytime I show down. Easy way to troubleshoot this problem pleas
- How do you repair the right front cradle?
- The Battery & Oil Lights Flash On ,then goes out is this a bad alternator?
2004 Dodge Stratus Estimates
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 119) in Porthill, ID
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Kapaau, HI
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($57 - 311) in Wardsboro, VT
- 82,500 Mile Service ($141 - 209) in Turney, MO
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - 134) in Wellston, MI
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($241 - 305) in Wheatland, IN