I'm being told by one shop that I need to replace the rear differential (the part) in my truck. They want an insane amount of money for it and I think they are over-charging me. The truck makes a steady whining noise that does not change even while rolling in neutral. If it was the differential, wouldn't that noise change or subside?
What is the average cost to replace the rear differential? Not fluid, but part? on 2004 Dodge Dakota
Asked by for the 2004 Dodge Dakota
- Rear Differential Fluid Change
- Truck Cost of Ownership: Is your brand loyalty costing you?
- Using the RepairPal Cost Index to Compare Cost of Ownership Among the Top Hybrids
- How Much is Your Car Actually Costing You Each Year? Figure it Out with the New RepairPal Cost Index.
- Wheel Bearing Noises and Replacement Cost
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Dakota Questions
- My truck won't pass smog???? Says it's running to rich? Its got a low idle
- Why does my motor kill when I come to a stop?
- It cranks but no start I'm getting spark from the coil and fuel rail
- How to fix gearshift not releasing out of park?
- turn the key on, got fire to the coil for about a second, loses fire when
2004 Dodge Dakota Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($250 - $362) in Grygla, MN
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($400 - $519) in Wheatley, AR
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($143 - $167) in Micanopy, FL
- AC Condenser Replacement ($320 - $520) in Isle Au Haut, ME
- Window Switch Replacement ($47 - $58) in Jaffrey, NH
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($834 - $1,094) in Kathleen, GA