I'm being told by one shop that I need to replace the rear differential (the part) in my truck. They want an insane amount of money for it and I think they are over-charging me. The truck makes a steady whining noise that does not change even while rolling in neutral. If it was the differential, wouldn't that noise change or subside?
What is the average cost to replace the rear differential? Not fluid, but part? on 2004 Dodge Dakota
Asked by for the 2004 Dodge Dakota
- Rear Differential Fluid Change
- Truck Cost of Ownership: Is your brand loyalty costing you?
- Using the RepairPal Cost Index to Compare Cost of Ownership Among the Top Hybrids
- How Much is Your Car Actually Costing You Each Year? Figure it Out with the New RepairPal Cost Index.
- Wheel Bearing Noises and Replacement Cost
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Dakota Questions
2004 Dodge Dakota Estimates
- Transfer Case Fluid Replacement ($60 - $92) in Grygla, MN
- AC Compressor Replacement ($507 - $766) in Wheatley, AR
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($660 - $927) in Micanopy, FL
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($300 - $392) in Isle Au Haut, ME
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($119 - $150) in Jaffrey, NH
- Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement ($141 - $205) in Kathleen, GA