My wife drives to work in the morning (about a 45 min to 1 hour trip) and listens to the radio like everyone else. Recently, she said the radio LCD panel goes black intermittently. The radio continues to play, and she can change channels although she can no longer tell which button is which. Nothing she does will make the screen come back on - turning it off/on, turning the illumination dimmer knob, etc. Once the vehicle has sat overnight the display usually comes back on the next day, but not always. Once it's back on, however, within 2-3 days it will simply go black again without warning. This panel does not have bulbs, like the dealership service department advisor suggested when we called to ask. I have found a few similar complaints online, but nothing to suggest a fix. The radio is just one function of many contained in this unit, so it seems to me that it's most likely an internal problem. We have seen no codes or warning lights of any kind associated with this problem.
What is causing the radio LCD display to go out? on 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt
Asked by for the 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Cobalt Questions
- key won't come out and no power and I can't get into the trunk to jump the batte
- Would the airbag malfunctioning cause the fuel pump to stop working?
- My alarm goes off when I open doors etc. How do I disconnect the system
- Where is the battery located?
- I have distinct knocking at beginin of acceleration..at 55 or 60 it goes g r
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Estimates
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($330 - $525) in McVille, ND
- Brake Drum Replacement ($342 - $521) in Kingston, GA
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($553 - $744) in Phelan, CA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($122 - $223) in Genoa, WV
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($190 - $237) in Toston, MT
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($489 - $698) in Bighill, KY