My car would jump out of gear while driving and I could pull over put it in park shut the car off then restart and have no more problems. The last time that happened it was like the transmission got stuck in low gear and won't change out. I was told that it was possibly the computer shift module, what is that?
What is a Transmission Shift Module? on 1991 Ford Tempo
Asked by for the 1991 Ford Tempo
2 answersMarch 02, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Tempo Questions
- Knocking noise from motor except when in neutral
- Car won't stay running. As soon as I put the car in gear it dies
- The car does not start when you turn the key the instrument panel comes on .
- how do I replace my thermostat in my car.
- My car has been chugging and stalling going up hill. Now it was parked on a steep downhill and wasn't started for a few days. It has fuel ten gallons in it. Fuel gauge didn't work so keep track. It wants to start but won't turn over
1991 Ford Tempo Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Lusby, MD
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($74 - $259) in Proctorville, OH
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($274 - $462) in Dimock, PA
- Steering Rack Replacement ($478 - $785) in Friend, NE
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($329 - $407) in Seneca, IL
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($59 - $76) in Floyd, IA