After I have driven the car for about 6 miles and I then park it and try to restart it is difficult to keep it running. Once I do get it running I can drive a few miles and it stall out again, I then need to let it sit for about 5 or 10 minutes before I can restart it only to drive again for a few miles and it stalles again. Before stalling it usually startes bucking and loses power. The crankshaft position sensor has been diagnosed by my mech twice and replaced only to have it happen again. The last few times before I was able to get it started I would turn the key and get no sound at all as thought the battery was dead. This is really driving me crazy at this point, hope you can help. Thanks in advance. Charlie
What is a Crankshaft position sensor and what causes it to malfunction? on 2000 Buick Regal
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Regal Questions
- MY TEMP GAUGE IS ALWAYS READING HIGH & ODOMETER IS STUCK @ INACCURATE NUMBER
- why the steering wheel adjustment lever will not engage back in place?
- How muck does it cost to fix an oil pan leaking gasket?
- The coolant low warning light staying on while level in overflow tank is normal. What might be the problem?
- My 92 Buick misses somtimes than seems to go away. but now its getting worse .Id like to know if the most likely reason is one of the 3 ignition coils, Plugs,wires, Vacum