After I have driven the car for about 6 miles and I then park it and try to restart it is difficult to keep it running. Once I do get it running I can drive a few miles and it stall out again, I then need to let it sit for about 5 or 10 minutes before I can restart it only to drive again for a few miles and it stalles again. Before stalling it usually startes bucking and loses power. The crankshaft position sensor has been diagnosed by my mech twice and replaced only to have it happen again. The last few times before I was able to get it started I would turn the key and get no sound at all as thought the battery was dead. This is really driving me crazy at this point, hope you can help. Thanks in advance. Charlie
What is a Crankshaft position sensor and what causes it to malfunction? on 2000 Buick Regal
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Regal Questions
- antifreeze drain plug 2001 buick regal
- overheated now ticking & blowing white smoke out tail pipe oil n water blown?
- Why massive oil leak after engine turned off? No issues while driving just b/4?
- Replaced thermostat and still overheats.
- Automatic transmission. Car will drive fine then at stop lights it won't move
2000 Buick Regal Estimates
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($70 - 101) in East Poultney, VT
- PCV Valve Replacement ($38 - 49) in Orient, ME
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($353 - 586) in Bowling Green, FL
- Electrical System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Antigo, WI
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($248 - 300) in Mammoth, PA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($554 - 731) in Eastwood, KY