The vehicle stopped moving forward engine just rares up when i hit the gas, but it will move in reverse! The van gave me no warnings or slippage to just make me consider it's the transmission! I do know that the front right axle was dripping a thick grease when i got my tires changed that what makes me ask about the axle! I had to drive my vehicle backwards home because it would not move move move forward!
What happens when the vehicle won't go forward? Could it be transmission or axle on 2000 Ford Windstar
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Windstar Questions
- What is the total cost to have the transmission replaced?
- Steering wheel colum ..Gear shift
- My theft light blinks my trip zero outs when cold starting & head lights flash
- My van suddenly died while driving 30 mph. Does nothing when trying to restart
- Solution needed for van stalling with lean bank codes PO171 and PO174
2000 Ford Windstar Estimates
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($354 - 676) in Spickard, MO
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($160 - 227) in Aleppo, PA
- EGR Valve Replacement ($142 - 210) in Algoma, MS
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in West Unity, OH
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Hathorne, MA
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Puyallup, WA