what fluid do i use for my power syeering on 2003 Lincoln LS

is it true that i use transmission fluid for my power syeering

by in Blooming Prairie, MN on April 30, 2011
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
2 answers
ANSWER by , April 30, 2011
To clarify one bit of Patrick's response -- the fluid is called Mercon V (or "5"), as "Mercon" fluid was discontinued by Ford. Further, all Ford power steering systems 1998 and newer require Mercon V and not basic Mercon fluid. A bit nit-picky, but could be important.
ANSWER by , April 30, 2011
Mercon fluid is called for (it is a transmission fluid).