I have a 97 626 with the 2.5 engine. The valves that open the butterflies for the VRIS, won't open. I put a vacuum pump on the accuators and they are ok. The engine has a dead spot at 2000rpm to about 3000rpm. it idles good no misfires, and runs good after 3000rpm or 45 mph. doesn't matter if in park or drive acts the same. Do you think I'm looking in the right place? or maybe MAS? but the VRIS isn't working right for sure.
What energizes the solenoids, that open the accuator valves on the VRIS system? on 1997 Mazda 626
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda 626 Questions
- periodically, like once a day, when I take off from a stop light, the car will n
- i started my car but, it was difficult to enter gear. what could be the fault?
- Does the manual transmission have the same issues as the automatic
- At start up it shows some white smoke which enlarges and disappear when u ref.
- Is new lock needed to change back brake pads?
1997 Mazda 626 Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - $61) in Slate Run, PA
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($259 - $372) in Bellevue, MI
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($57 - $111) in Trilby, FL
- Head Gasket Replacement ($921 - $1,465) in Mellenville, NY
- Windshield Washer Fluid Reservoir Replacement ($101 - $200) in Lulu, FL
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($493 - $629) in Effingham, KS