I have a 97 626 with the 2.5 engine. The valves that open the butterflies for the VRIS, won't open. I put a vacuum pump on the accuators and they are ok. The engine has a dead spot at 2000rpm to about 3000rpm. it idles good no misfires, and runs good after 3000rpm or 45 mph. doesn't matter if in park or drive acts the same. Do you think I'm looking in the right place? or maybe MAS? but the VRIS isn't working right for sure.
What energizes the solenoids, that open the accuator valves on the VRIS system? on 1997 Mazda 626
Asked by for the 1997 Mazda 626
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda 626 Questions
- When started in Park appears starter is still engaged making a high pitch sound
- i started my car but, it was difficult to enter gear. what could be the fault?
- Does the manual transmission have the same issues as the automatic
- At start up it shows some white smoke which enlarges and disappear when u ref.
- Is new lock needed to change back brake pads?
1997 Mazda 626 Estimates
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Slate Run, PA
- Radiator Replacement ($473 - $593) in Bellevue, MI
- Thermostat Replacement ($163 - $223) in Trilby, FL
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($255 - $423) in Mellenville, NY
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Lulu, FL
- Ignition Control Module Replacement ($166 - $345) in Effingham, KS