The first message was "Gear Selector Service Required." Then I got the message "Transmission Service Urgent" and the "Check Engine" light went on. Then the gear stuck in neutral and I couldn't remove the key. The dealer did what they said was normal transmission service for 105,000 miles and replaced part #s 30759659-3,30735596-6 and 30667211-4 and the car was fine until I went on a long trip. It is fine on short trips - on long trips, while I am cruising at highway speeds, the "Transmission Service Urgent" message goes on and, sometimes, the check engine light. The next time I start the car, the check engine light has remained but not the message - it only comes on on long drives and, when it is on, the car seems sluggish at low speeds.
What does the message "Transmission Service Urgent" indicate?
on 2007 Volvo V50
Asked by for the 2007 Volvo V50
This week's top 10
Recent Volvo V50 Questions
2007 Volvo V50 Estimates
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($76 - $128) in Stuarts Draft, VA
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Wampsville, NY
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($880 - $1,107) in Tall Timbers, MD
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Rear ($486 - $557) in Alexandria, MN
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($117 - $145) in Hollister, MO
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($791 - $813) in Formoso, KS