Car working fine all week. Turns over fine. Tried to shift out of parking lot and shifter made LOUD grinding noise with any gear I tried to put it in. I turned the car off. Pumped the clutch, turned back on, tried shifting and same problem. I also got a lot of resistance when trying to put it into gear; like something was blocking the stick. same grinding noise occurred no matter what gear I eventually got it in so I put in back to neutral right away. I turned the car off and tried switching gears while car was off and had no problems going from gear to gear while off. New battery. turns over fine. I'm thinking the stick shift has gone?
what does grinding noise from shifter mean when you try to shift from neutral? on 1994 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- My 98 Ford Escort SE I wanted to know if the motor is single or dual overhead?
- Replaced the coil ,has power going thru ,turns over but won't start
- where is radiator fan heat sensor located on a97 ford escort?
- Why is my car taking a while to turn over?
- how do I test the ccrm in a 2002 zx2 . I have power at #21 what do I do next?