Car working fine all week. Turns over fine. Tried to shift out of parking lot and shifter made LOUD grinding noise with any gear I tried to put it in. I turned the car off. Pumped the clutch, turned back on, tried shifting and same problem. I also got a lot of resistance when trying to put it into gear; like something was blocking the stick. same grinding noise occurred no matter what gear I eventually got it in so I put in back to neutral right away. I turned the car off and tried switching gears while car was off and had no problems going from gear to gear while off. New battery. turns over fine. I'm thinking the stick shift has gone?
what does grinding noise from shifter mean when you try to shift from neutral? on 1994 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- My coolant is clearly filled to the "full" line. So why my check coolant on
- What cause your fuel ignition coil to burn out. I replaced 3 times in last month
- Good my 1991 Ford Escort engine be compatible with a 1998 Ford Escort 1.9 liter
- Why does my fuel ignition coil keep going bad
- No start. What could be the problem?