What do I need to do or what could be the problem? on 2004 Nissan Altima

okay got car back to running good. however my service engine soon light still comes on, I've replaced an alternator on my car, light went out but came back on after another two days. Also, in the morning or after my car has sat for 4 or 5 hours when I put the car in drive it stalls then go but will go into reverse for a while even if just starting. If I let the car run for a while it goes into drive with ease.

by in Selma, AL on February 26, 2013
1 answer 2 comments
ANSWER by on February 26, 2013
what are the codes in ecm?
COMMENT by on February 26, 2013
what is ecm? Sorry don't know much about cars.
COMMENT by on February 26, 2013
go to auto zone and ask them to scan your codes,its a free sevrice. then post for us
how do I know if the compressor switch is bad?
My car has a blown head gasket, bad thermostat, bad radiator and it over heats. It's drivable but only short distances. like 30 mins. Im a college student with no money. What should I do?
Recently due to the economy a lost of job,unable to pay my car payment,so the finace people used the kill switch and after I paid them my car would not crank after that unless I turn it on and off ...
Recently my 2001 Altima started showing picture of battery and the word brake (as if emergency brake is on)on the dashboard at random times. Battery is one month old, bought new. When battery was u...