This occurs when the vehicle is warm and in gear. It does not do it in neutral or when I let off the gas while in gear.
What could cause and engine to have a knocking tapping sound and lose power on 2000 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
2000 Ford Escort Estimates
- 25,000 Mile Service ($115 - 171) in Milan, OH
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($221 - 369) in Lytton, IA
- Brake Drum Replacement ($374 - 512) in Vermontville, NY
- Thermostat Replacement ($137 - 199) in Mount Olivet, KY
- Engine Mount Replacement ($357 - 490) in Accomac, VA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($360 - 456) in Oxon Hill, MD