Just recently bought a Mazda Protege with 158000kms on it. I noticed that there was a ticking sound coming from the engine and my check engine light had come on. The speed of the ticking increases as I accelerate but remains even after the car is back in idle. I figured it may just need oil/oil change, but was wondering if there are any other possible causes.
What could cause a ticking that doesnt go away? on 2000 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- Can a automatic transmission starter work in a manual transmission 2001 protege
- The Ecm is bad in my protoge. I've bought a different one but it didn't work.
- Where is the fuse box location? I changed the bu lb in back over license plate
- My key broke in half it was in my pant pocket where can i get another one
- When I press the clutch pedal the engine decelerate and shut down
2000 Mazda Protege Estimates
- 60,000 Mile Service ($276 - 419) in Eckhart Mines, MD
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($134 - 176) in Ector, TX
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($72 - 187) in Ponca, NE
- Add Timing Belt Idler(s) ($53 - 229) in Ashfield, MA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($122 - 208) in Rosemont, WV
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($265 - 329) in Greenville, AL