Just recently bought a Mazda Protege with 158000kms on it. I noticed that there was a ticking sound coming from the engine and my check engine light had come on. The speed of the ticking increases as I accelerate but remains even after the car is back in idle. I figured it may just need oil/oil change, but was wondering if there are any other possible causes.
What could cause a ticking that doesnt go away? on 2000 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- When I press the clutch pedal the engine decelerate and shut down
- Is there a fuel pump inertia cut off switch on this vehicle, if so location?
- Engine not able to accelerate past 40 mph
- My car doesn't have reverse but will go on D, 2 & 1. What's the problem? HELP!!!
- changed clutch how much trans. fluid do I put in it?
2000 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Thermostat Replacement ($136 - 190) in Eckhart Mines, MD
- Steering Rack Replacement ($817 - 1,437) in Ector, TX
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($325 - 737) in Ponca, NE
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($234 - 360) in Ashfield, MA
- Windshield Washer Fluid Reservoir Replacement ($87 - 107) in Rosemont, WV
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - 134) in Greenville, AL