» » »

Chrysler Q&A

Ask Your Question

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Question: what coolant should be in this car can I get it from anywhere instead of the dealer



, 2.4L 4 Cylinder, Lithonia, GA, April 07, 2010, 18:57

what kind of coolant I need to use for this car it said special coolant on the cap

2 Answers
Flag This
  • Answer #1

    April 07, 2010, 19:40

    Stop by your local Napa Auto Parts and you can purchase it right over the counter

    Flag This
  • Answer #2

    Visitor, November 17, 2010, 00:56

    It is commonly sold under the name "Dexcool". You can find it in almost any parts house, or even at Walmart. You can also mix the "Any color" type, (I don't like to do this except in an emergency) but DO NOT mix regular ethyline glycol (the old green or yellow) with the Dexcool. It can really do a serious number on your radiator and heater core. It will actually form a kind of jelly in the system, and cost big money to have it cleaned out.

    Flag This